6.—Yes， I‘ve never seen _______ before.
A. such rough sea B. such a rough sea
C. so rough sea D. that rough sea
7.—She‘s broken her arm again.
—Again? I ______ she _______ ever broken it before.
A. don‘t know; has B. didn’t know; had
C. didn‘t know; has D. hadn’t know; would
8.—Has the wallet been returned yet?
—No， but we expect ______ any day now.
A. to return it B. it to return C. it to be returned D. it returned
9.—I‘ve been told to pay the rent.
—But it‘s already been paid. It ______ by someone else.
A. must be B. may be
C. must be paid D. must have been paid
10. Montreal is larger than _______ in Canada.
A. any city B. any cities C. any other cities D. any other city
11. Human‘s brains are larger in proportion to their bodies than _______.
A. whales B. a whale C. that of whales D. those of whales
12. Before writing your article， ______， collect your material， and prepare an outline.
A. a topic should be selected B. a topic to be selected
C. your topic should be selected D. select a topic
13.—I usually travel by train.
—Why not ________ by plane for a change?
A. to try going B. trying to go C. to try and go D. try going
14. The boy lay in the street， his eyes _______ and his hands ______.
A. closing; trembling B. closed; trembled
C. closing; trembled D. closed; trembling
15. He _______ here for 20 years by the end of next month.
A. had worked B. has worked C. will have worked D. will work
16. I‘ll do _______ the doctor advised.
A. as B. like C. that D. all what
17.—Did we have to wait for Tom?
—Well， _______ very angry if we hadn‘t waited for him.
A. he‘d have been B. he were C. he had been D. he must be
18. Why do you insist on ________?
A. this to be done B. this done
C. this being done D. this is done
19. We looked everywhere for the ________.
A. missing watch B. missed watch
C. watch being missed D. watch that lost
20. ______， the runners crossed the finish line.
A. Tiring B. Tired C. To be tired D. They are tired
21. _______ by the air， the kite went up into the sky.
A. Pushing B. Pushed C. Having been pushed D. Having pushed
22.—The round bowl over there is a bit small， isn‘t it?
A. So are the fish B. So the fish are
C. Neither the fish D. Neither are the fish
23. She couldn‘t take shorthand， _______ slowed down the work of the office.
A. that B. which C. it D. so
24. Was it last Friday ________ you met him?
A. that B. on which C. which D. when
25. _______ might fail in the exam worried him.
A. He B. That he C. What D. It
26.—I‘v got this really painful ear.
—How long _______ you?
A. does it bother B. was it bothering
C. would it bother D. has it been bothering
27.—I started to study， but then a friend called.
—That‘s no excuse ________.
A. for not studying B. not for studying C. not studying D. not to studying
28.—Why was he so hot when he got home?
A. was running B. is running C. has been running D. had been running
29.—There‘s been an earthquake.
—I know. At least a hundred people ________.
A. were to be killed B. are said to have been killed
C. said to have been killed D. are said to kill
30. You may invite _______ wants to go.
A. whomever B. whoever C. which one D. people
6.B 7.B 8.C 9.D 10.D 11.D 12.D 13.D 14.D 15.C 16.A 17.A 18.C 19.A 20.B 21.B 22.A 23.B 24.A 25.B 26.D 27.A 28.D 29.B 30.B